Hi Beyene,

Thanks for the KIP.

Questions:
1. We don't have "*max.message.time.difference.ms
<http://max.message.time.difference.ms>*" config, I think you're referring
to "log.message.timestamp.difference.max.ms"?
2. After this KIP, the semantics of "log.message.timestamp.difference.max.ms"
will be changed, right?
We should also mention it in this KIP, maybe compatibility section?
And I think the description of "log.message.timestamp.difference.max.ms"
will also need to be updated.
3. Personally I like to see the "TIME_DRIFT_TOLERANCE" to be exposed as a
config, since after this change, the root issue is still not completed
resolved.
After this KIP, the 1 hour later of timestamp can still be appended
successfully, which might still be an issue for some applications.
I'd propose to introduce 2 new configs, one is "
log.message.timestamp.before.max.ms", and the other one is "
log.message.timestamp.after.max.ms".
And then we deprecate "log.message.timestamp.difference.max.ms". WDYT?

Thank you.
Luke