Hello,

I think this would be a wonderful improvement to the ecosystem. While
Viktor is correct that most Docker pipelines eventually lead to a
kubernetes deployment, that should not stop us from creating an
Official Docker Image. Creating a Docker image would allow us to ensure a
level of quality and support for people who want to deploy Kafka as a
container on baremetal machines, it could allow us to create
a sandbox/developer environment for new contributors and developers to test
and have a single agreed upon environment that kafka works in for future
KIPs and would most likely spawn more contributions from people wanting to
optimize kafka for k8s.

I am 100% for this and will gladly help if approved.

Kenneth