-1

If the goal is not to have so much config logging, let's add a configuration
key that suppresses log4j in AbstractConfig. Then plugins can set that
configuration if they want before invoking the superclass constructors.

(Or in the interest of allowing people to be verbose if they want, maybe let's
say that we have a configuration key that sets the log4j configuration logging
to TRACE rather than what it is now).

This will avoid exposing our guts to the world (our configuration guts are
very, very ugly in my opinion). It will be helpful to end-users as well as
plugin authors -- maybe people want this. And it doesn't require the
subclassing hack to get access to it.

best,
Colin