Hey Alyssa,

Thanks for the KIP! I have a couple questions:

1. I might have missed it in the KIP, but could you clarify what happens
when a pre-vote fails (i.e. a majority of voters reject the potential
candidacy)? The transition descriptions only mention what happens if the
prospective leader learns of a higher epoch.
2. Do you think the pretend epoch bump is necessary? Would it be simpler to
change the prevote acceptance check to assert a greater than or equal epoch?

Best,
Jason