Hi Alyssa

On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 1:40 PM Jason Gustafson
<ja...@confluent.io.invalid> wrote:
> 2. Do you think the pretend epoch bump is necessary? Would it be simpler to
> change the prevote acceptance check to assert a greater than or equal epoch?

I agree with Jason it would be better if all of the requests always
sent the current epoch. For the VoterRequest, it should be correct for
the prospective node to not increase the epoch and send the current
epoch and id. Since there are two states (prospective and candidate)
that can send a VoteRequest, maybe we can change the field name to
just ReplicaEpoch and ReplicaId.

-José