Hi Folks

KIP-951 was delivered fully in AK 3.7. Its 1st optimisation was delivered
in 3.6.1, to skip backoff period for a produce batch being retried to new
leader i.e. KAFKA-15415.

KAFKA-15415 current implementation introduced a performance regression, by
increasing synchronization on the produce path, especially for high
partition counts. The description section of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-16226 goes more into details of
the regression.

I have put up a fix https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/15323, which
removes this synchronization. The fix adds a new public method to
Cluster.java, and a public constructor to PartitionInfo.java.

Is this a blocker for v3.7.0?

PS - Posted in KIP-951's voting thread as well
<https://lists.apache.org/thread/otxt5wr7cj4qx4v3zg05gclry0vrdvh8>.

--
Regards,
Mayank Shekhar Narula