Mingjie,

Controlled shutdown has been fully implemented and is regularly exercised
at LinkedIn for version upgrades / rolling bounce tests, etc. As Harsha
said you just need to turn on the config in the brokers, and normal
shutting down command like control-c will trigger the controlled shutdown.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang