Okay, I had some doubts in terms of reassign-partitions case. I was
not sure whether we need ISR to check post condition of partition
reassignment. But I think we can rely on assigned replicas - the workflow
in reassignPartitions is the following:
1. Update AR in ZK with OAR + RAR.
10. Update AR in ZK with RAR.
11. Update the /admin/reassign_partitions path in ZK to remove this
partition.
12. After electing leader, the replicas and isr information changes. So
resend the update metadata request to every broker.

In other words AR becomes RAR right before removing partitions from the
admin path. I think we can consider (with a little approximation)
reassignment
completed if AR == RAR.

If it's okay, I will remove ISR and add topic config in one change as
discussed
earlier.

Thanks,
Andrii Biletskyi