Joel,

- DecreasePartitionNotAllowed. Yeah, that's kind of subcase of
InvalidPartitions...
But since client can always request topic metadata and check what exactly is
was wrong with Partitions argument, I think, yes, we can remove
DecreasePartitionNotAllowed
and use InvalidPartitions instead. I'll update KIP accordingly if no
objections.

- Questions regarding AdminClient. On one of the previous meetings I
suggested we wrap up everything in terms of phase 1 (Wire Protocol and
message
semantics) so AdminClient is out of scope for now. I'll definitely take
into
account your remarks and suggestions but would rather wait until I finish
phase 1 because I believe answers may change by that time.

- Yes, correct. Any broker from the cluster will be able to handle Admin
requests thus there is no need to add controller discovery info. Maybe
it will be part of some separate KIP, as mentioned in KAFKA-1367.

Thanks,
Andrii Biletskyi