Hi Joel,

I think my suggestion was misunderstood. :) I suggested that we should
support upgrades to the latest release for a reasonable period (and I used
2 years as an example). That doesn't mean supporting all of those branches
for that period. It simply means that we maintain the code necessary to
support upgrading in trunk along with relevant system tests. For example,
we currently support direct upgrades from 0.8.x to the unreleased 0.10.1.x
(although we only have tests from 0.8.2.x onwards, 0.8.0.x and 0.8.1.x are
missing). That's 5 releases, so we sort of do it already. I just wanted to
emphasise the importance of making it easier for people to catch up to
current releases (which is a different point from supporting people who
want to stay on older releases).

Ismael