To clear up, I'm not against time-based releases, I just think that the
goals that were stated are not intrinsic to time-based releases but the
release process (whether it's time-based or not).

The goal of "when will my code get into a release" and the goal of getting
features faster in a release (vs just in trunk) seem (imho) secondary to
providing stable releases.  If the releases happen every 4 months then
we're saying every 4 months we're providing a stable release, right?

Nacho

--
Nacho (Ignacio) Solis
nso...@linkedin.com