Hi Jay,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree that we can not add all the clients/tools available in ecosystem
page to Kafka repo itself. But we feel REST Interface is different from
other clients/tools. Since any language that can work with HTTP can
easily integrate with this interface, Having an "official"  REST
interface helps user community. This also helps us to integrate well
with external management and provisioning tools.  Apache Kafka release
with Java clients + REST interface is sufficient for most of the user
deployments/requirements. This helps users to deal with less number
of distributions/builds.

Thanks,
Manikumar