The following are the notes from today's KIP discussion.

   - KIP-82 - add record header: We agreed that there are use cases for
   third-party vendors building tools around Kafka. We haven't reached the
   conclusion whether the added complexity justifies the use cases. We will
   follow up on the mailing list with use cases, container format people have
   been using, and details on the proposal.

The video will be uploaded soon in https://cwiki.apache.org/
confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals .

Thanks,

Jun