Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the KIP. If Java had declaration site variance (proposed for a
future Java version[1]), we'd mark function parameters as contravariant
(i.e. "super") and the result as covariant (i.e. "extends"). In the
meantime, we have to use the wildcards at use site as per your proposal.
However, it seems that only the first case is covered by your proposal.
This is an improvement, but is there any reason not to do the latter as
well? It would be good to get it completely right this time.

Ismael

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/300