Hey Jun,

Certainly, I have added Todd to reply to the thread. And I have updated the
item to in the wiki.

50. The full statement is "Broker assumes a log directory to be good after
it starts, and mark log directory as bad once there is IOException when
broker attempts to access (i.e. read or write) the log directory". This
statement seems reasonable, right? If a log directory is actually bad, then
the broker will first assume it is OK, try to read logs on this log
directory, encounter IOException, and then mark it as bad.

51. My bad. I thought I removed it but I didn't. It is removed now.

52. I don't think so.. The isNewReplica field in the LeaderAndIsrRequest is
only relevant to the replica (i.e. broker) that receives the
LeaderAndIsrRequest. There is no need to specify whether each replica is
new inside LeaderAndIsrRequest. In other words, if a broker sends
LeaderAndIsrRequest to three different replicas of a given partition, the
isNewReplica field can be different across these three requests.

Yeah, I would definitely want to start discussion on KIP-113 after we have
reached agreement on KIP-112. I have actually opened KIP-113 discussion
thread on 1/12 together with this thread. I have yet to add the ability to
list offline directories in KIP-113 which we discussed in this thread.

Thanks for all your reviews! Is there further concern with the latest KIP?

Thanks!
Dong