Hey Jun,

I am happy to work for a few days if that is what it takes to discuss
KIP-113. But if it takes 2+ weeks to discuss KIP-113, I wondering if we can
vote for KIP-112 first. We aim to start JBOD test in a test cluster by end
of Q1 and there is only three weeks from that. If we can miss the schedule,
we may have to do one-broker-per-disk setup first which causes the
unnecessary trouble to migrate to JBOD later. It will greatly help me meet
this schedule if we can vote for KIP-112 and get the patch reviewed while
KIP-113 is under discussion.

It seems reasonable to vote for KIP-112 before KIP-113. The reason is that
we have agreed on the motivation of both KIPs and we already have a
compelling case for JBOD. What we need to discuss for KIP-113 is its
implementation detail instead of motivation. Whatever implementation we end
up with KIP-113 should be implemented on top of KIP-112 without backward
incompatible change.

I understand that you are busy with reviewing many stuffs so I would prefer
not to ask you for quick response on KIP-113. If KIP-112 is blocked on
KIP-113, I would somehow be under pressure to bother you repeatedly.
Allowing me to work on KIP-112 implementation can make our schedule easier:)

Thank you for all the time to review these KIPs!

Dong