Hey Ismael,

I get your concern that it is more likely for a disk to be slow, or exhibit
other forms of non-fatal symptom, after some known fatal error. Then it is
weird for user to start broker with the likely-problematic disk in the
broker config. In that case, I think there are two things user can do:

1) Intentionally change the log directory in the config to point to a file.
This is a bit hacky but it works well before we make more-appropriate
long-term change in Kafka to handle this case.
2) Just don't start broker with bad log directories. Always fix disk before
restarting the broker. This is a safe approach that is no worse than
current practice.

Would this address your concern if I specify the problem and the two
solutions in the KIP?

Thanks,
Dong