Hi Tom,

I actually made modifications to the produce performance tool to do real
transactions earlier this week as part of our benchmarking (results
published here: bit.ly/kafka-eos-perf). I just submitted that patch here:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/3400/files

I think my version is more complete since it runs the full gamut of APIs:
initTransactions, beginTransaction, commitTransaction. Also, it is the
version used for our published benchmarks.

I am not sure that this tool is a blocker for the release though, since it
doesn't really affect the usability of the feature any way.

Thanks,
Apurva