Jorge,

thanks a lot for this KIP. Allowing the reset streams applications with
arbitrary start offset is something we got multiple requests already.

Couple of clarification question:

 - why do you want to deprecate the current tool instead of extending
the current tool with the stuff the offset reset tool can do (ie, use
the offset reset tool internally)

 - you suggest to extend the offset reset tool to replace the stream
reset tool: how would the reset tool know if it is resetting a streams
applications or a regular consumer group?

-Matthias