Bill,

Thanks for the updated KIP. From your WIP PR I think one piece of
information that still need to be included in the KIP is that the library
will check the type of the restoreCallback in runtime, and if it is
extending StateRestoreListener it will also execute its functions at the
runtime. SO StateRestoreListener's APIs will be called in two places:

1) if the instance-level listener is set, then triggered on each poll call;
2) if the state-store-level callback is extending the listener, then
triggered for each poll call that is restoring that specific store.

Otherwise it may be still confusing to readers.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang