Hi, Tom,

Thanks for the KIP. A few minor comments below.

1. Implementation wise, the broker handles adding partitions differently
from changing replica assignment. For the former, we directly update the
topic path in ZK with the new partitions. For the latter, we write the new
partition reassignment in the partition reassignment path. Changing the
replication factor is handled in the same way as changing replica
assignment. So, it would be useful to document how the broker handles these
different cases accordingly. I think it's simpler to just allow one change
(partition, replication factor, or replica assignment) in a request.

2. Currently, we only allow adding partitions. We probably want to document
the restriction in the api.

3. It's not very clear to me what status_time in ReplicaStatusResponse
means.

Jun