Hi, Dong,

As for whether to return LEO or lag, my point was the following. What you
are concerned about is that an in-sync replica could become out of sync
again. However, the more common case is that once a replica is caught up,
it will stay in sync afterwards. In that case, once the reassignment
process completes, if we report based on lag, all lags will be 0. If we
report based on Math.max(0, leaderLEO - followerLEO), the value may not be
0 if there is continuous incoming traffic, which will be confusing to the
user.

Thanks,

Jun