Hey everyone. Regarding the status of KIP-125, just a heads up: I have an
implementation of KIP-125 (KAFKA-4513) here:
https://github.com/onurkaraman/kafka/commit/3b5448006ab70ba2b0b5e177853d191d0f777452

The code might need to be rebased. The steps described in the KIP are a bit
involved. Other than that, the implementation might have a bug with respect
to converting arbitrary blacklist regexes to whitelist regexes since the
new consumer only accepts whitelists.