Hi everyone.  I implemented the ability to perform substitution in JAAS
config module options, which was the only part of KIP 255 that was not
implemented when I originally published the KIP last week.  I have made
adjustments to that section of the KIP based on this implementation
experience, including detailing how to add custom substitutions beyond the
4 built-in ones (file, system property, environment variable, and option
substitution).  See
https://github.com/rondagostino/kafka/commit/548a95822b06b60a92745084a3980d72295d2ce6
(code coverage 82%) for the detailed changes.  The KIP code blocks are also
up-to-date.

Ron