Perhaps, if the user doesn't pass the --execute flag, the tool should print a
prompt like "would you like to perform this reset?" and wait for a Y / N (or
yes or no) input from the command-line.  Then, if the --execute flag is passed,
we skip this.  That seems 99% compatible, and also accomplishes the goal of
making the tool less confusing.

best,
Colin