Yes, I was going to suggest that we should do this for all configs earlier,
but was reluctant to do that since in its current form, there is a
property enableSubstitution
(in JAAS config at the moment) that indicates if substitution is to be
performed. If enabled, all values in that config are considered for
substitution. That works for JAAS configs with a small number of
properties, but I wasn't sure it was reasonable to do this for all Kafka
configs where there are several configs that may contain arbitrary
characters including substitution delimiters. It will be good if some
configs that contain arbitrary characters can be specified directly in the
config while others are substituted from elsewhere. Perhaps a substitution
type that simply uses the value within delimiters would work? Ron, what do
you think?