+1 (non binding)

On 12/4/18, 9:43 AM, "Patrick Williams" <patrick.willi...@storageos.com> wrote:

    Pls take me off this VOTE list

    Best,

    Patrick Williams

    Sales Manager, UK & Ireland, Nordics & Israel
    StorageOS
    +44 (0)7549 676279
    patrick.willi...@storageos.com

    20 Midtown
    20 Proctor Street
    Holborn
    London WC1V 6NX

    Twitter: @patch37
    LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/patrickwilliams4
<http://linkedin.com/in/patrickwilliams4>

    https://slack.storageos.com/

    On 03/12/2018, 17:34, "Guozhang Wang" <wangg...@gmail.com> wrote:

        Hello Boyang,

        I've browsed through the new wiki and there are still a couple of minor
        things to notice:

        1. RemoveMemberFromGroupOptions seems not defined anywhere.

        2. LeaveGroupRequest added a list of group instance id, but still keep
the
        member id as a singleton; is that intentional? I think to make the
protocol
        consistent both member id and instance ids could be plural.

        3. About the *kafka-remove-member-from-group.sh *tool, I'm wondering if
we
        can defer adding this while just add the corresponding calls of the
        LeaveGroupRequest inside Streams until we have used it in production and
        hence have a better understanding on how flexible or extensible if we
want
        to add any cmd tools. The rationale is that if we do not necessarily
need
        it now, we can always add it later with a more think-through API design,
        but if we add the tool in a rush, we may need to extend or modify it
soon
        after we realize its limits in operations.

        Otherwise, I'm +1 on the proposal.

        Guozhang

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-345%3A+Introduce+static+membership+protocol+to+reduce+consumer+rebalances>

        --