Happy new year.

I just updated the title and contents of KIP and Jira issue, with updated
draft implementation. Now both of compression level and buffer size options
are available to producer and broker configuration. You can check the
updated KIP from modified URL:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-390%3A+Allow+fine-grained+configuration+for+compression

Please have a look when you are free.

Thanks,