Thanks Boyang,

I've thought about exposing time via metrics in Streams. The tricky part
though is which layer of time we should expose: right now we have
task-level and partition-level stream time (what you suggested), and also
some processor internally maintain their own observed time. Today we are
still trying to get a clear and simple way of exposing a single time
concept for users to reason about their application's progress. So before
we come up with a good solution I'd postpone adding it in a future KIP.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang