On 2011-4-16, at 上午6:50, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

I kinda agree with David here.  IIRC, we decided to go for a 3.0
mainly because of the switch to JDK 1.6.  So we should release that
asap and add more features when they are ready in the following 3.1
and 3.2 releases.   I'm not really in favor of maintaining two
development versions (2.3 and 3.0) at the same time.

However, having a 3.0 will certainly break most of the existing
downstream projects, as they certainly use a [2.2,3.0) range for
imports, meaning they won't deploy on the new 3.0, so we definitely
not to do that unless we need.   So my position would be continue on
2.x and drop jdk 1.6 compatibility in 2.3.  I think other projects
have done that too and I haven't heard many complaints.
Yeah, agree with Guillaume here.

Since Camel 2.7(but not 3.0) drop jdk1.5 support so I believe it's ok for us to do same in karaf 2.3.

Freeman