Hi,

it sounds interesting but I don't really get the relationship. You don't use Karaf now right ?

I would love to chat with you about this.
Regards
JB

On 06/14/2017 01:46 PM, Milen Dyankov wrote:
Hi Karaf developers,

I'd like to ask you to have a look at something I've been working on. It's
a PoC called Eccentric Modularity (EM) and it's available here
https://github.com/azzazzel/EM

The basic idea is to provide a jump start into modularity (particularly in
the scope of resolving dependencies and assembling applications from
modules) for people not familiar with OSGi. In fact it tries to hide OSGi
from the developer as much as possible. There is not much documentation but
hopefully the demo projects
<https://github.com/azzazzel/EM/tree/master/demo> (and the slides
<https://www.slideshare.net/MilenDyankov1/fantastic-java-contracts-and-where-to-define-them>
from the relevant talk) would help you understand the intention.

 From code perspective it's just a (somewhat ugly) hack dynamically adding
bnd maven plugins to a Maven project based on properties. So please ignore
the actual implementation (it's just a PoC) and focus on the idea/concept.

Why I am sending this to karaf's dev mailing list? To see if Karaf and EM
can help each other in any way.  For example
  - adding Karaf as target runtime (next to liferay </>) should be very easy
  - perhaps EM can extended to also generate executable jar (spring-boot
like) powered by Karaf (it now uses BND's launcher)
  - perhaps Karaf features can be special dependencies (like indexes
<https://github.com/azzazzel/EM/blob/master/demo/rest/pom.xml#L61>) that
the resolver can use
  - perhaps EM can generate a feature based on the resolver results

Those are just a few ideas I'd like to share with you and see what do you
think? If the concepts EM present turn out to be something developers are
interested in, it can evolve into real project. Perhaps one that Karaf can
also benefit from.

Regards,
Milen

--