Just for the record, found two issues:

1) Installing CXF (which installs xercesImpl) causes most XML DOM parsing to
break when run on Java 8.  (Java9 is fine)  Guillaume already fixed this.

2) The “finders” that were added don’t include one for JAXB.   Thus we’ll
always end up using the JAXB in the JDK instead.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog