I just tested on 4.2.1-SNAPSHOT and it's OK (I don't have the xerces issue).

I will cancel this vote to cut a new one.

Sorry about that,

Regards
JB

On 04/04/2018 19:40, Daniel Kulp wrote:

On Apr 4, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

Hi Dan,

do you consider it can wait 4.2.1 or do you want a new 4.2.0 ?

I believe it breaks several uses cases for CXF.    More importantly as soon as
you install CXF, ANYTHING blueprint related breaks.
org.apache.aries.blueprint.parser.Parser.parse uses DOM parsing and as soon as
xerces is there, blueprint is no longer able to parse any blueprint files.

Up to you, but that seems fairly severe to me.

Dan

Regards
JB