Le mer. 24 mars 2021 à 17:35, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <j...@nanthrax.net> a
écrit :

> Actually, spec like as DocuentBuilder would be rather a library, shared by
> all launchers.

Ok but what about jackson? the same?

Joke apart what if spring-boot-app1 uses one impl and spring-boot-app2 uses
another one?

Think at the end there is the JVM, the framework stack which is isolated
from the app and the apps or it does not move the ball very far from what
we have today.

Until there is it is EE server - in terms of architecture not scope/impl.
But the gold of this solution is the ability to configure the leakage
between layers/profiles to let an app override and potentially
aggregate/share parts. Obvious example is the http service which can leak
in spring boot app to override the servlet layer enabling to admistrate it
globally. Another more advanced solution is to deploy app1 and app2 called
each other through a kafka topic and replace kafka stack by a local event
(event admin or not is an impl detail), imagine the perf boost and admin
simplicity it will bring - all that meaning saving a lot of green piece of
paper for managers ;).

My only "?" as of today is: why OSGi, this technology is not really needed
for such a project (for ex this module provides it wihout OSGi
https://github.com/Talend/component-runtime/tree/master/container/container-core)
and can bring several drawbacks like the slowness to upgrade libs due to
meta, the blockers to add libs due to the lack of OSGi support, the
enforcement of architecture teams to adopt OSGi to use that solution etc.
Why not making OSGi a launcher as spring boot or microprofile, sounds to be
at the same level to me.