Hi

I think it’s a personal standpoint. For me, properties format is fine but I
understand people may like other format.

First, if we want to change the format it would be only on a major release
bump, meaning 4.4.x currently.

Second, the log:* commands have to be updated because they expect the
properties format.

My proposal would be different:

1. We document and prepare how to use json/xml format instead of properties.
But we keep properties by default.
2. We update the log:* commands to work with any format, detecting the format
currently used.

It’s actually already planned that way.

Regards
JB