All -

In order to describe the installation of a production deployment vs a demo
deployment, I would like to separate the out-of-the-box install from demo
setup.

Currently, when you unpack the knox archive, the conf directory includes a
couple artifacts that are demo specific and are not likely required for a
production install.

What I have in mind is to move those artifacts into a demo/conf directory
and describe the recursive copy of that directory into the actual conf
directory in order to deploy the demo.

Alternatively, when creating a production deployment, you would copy a
templates/topology.xml to the conf/topologies/{clustername}.xml file and
edit it to reflect the production environment details.

The templates/admin.xml would then be optionally copied to conf/topologies
as well.

Then for both types of deployments the creation of the master secret would
be done through the 'knoxcli.sh create-master' command.

Following that, the deployment is ready for start.

Unless someone has an objection to this approach, I will make the required
changes to the gateway-release module today.

Please let me know if this makes sense to you.

thanks,

--larry