All -

After many recent distractions, I would like to start the scoping and
planning for what will likely be our 1.0.0 release.

As discussed in [1], we will begin to repackaging/refactor master after
branching for an 0.13.0 release and only release 0.13.0 if the work on
repackaging master doesn't seem like it will make whatever date we chose
for the release.

That said, I would like to limit scope to only those new features and bug
fixes that are absolutely necessary or low risk for breaking backward
compatibility.

I propose that the following is needed:

* A KIP (KIP-5) be created for the repackaging/refactoring work required
for the 1.0.0 release
* Determine the existing JIRAs and patches that must/can be in the release
but try and defer as many as possible
* Determine required improvements - I have a few security related
improvements in mind
* Write up KIPs for features that involve architectural and/or strategic
feature details
* Determine when to branch for 0.13.0 and take on double commits for 1.0.0
parity
* Agree on a target release date

My initial thought is to target May 31st as the release date.

Thoughts?

--larry