Hi Adalberto,

We don't have any foreign language translations of the documentation at
this time. One fear I have is that the translated documentation will
quickly become out-of-date. For example, if you translate the docs now, do
you think you'll also be around to translate the docs for future releases?

My fear is based on what happened with a similar effort in the Apache
Hadoop project. At one point in late 2008, some contributors stepped up to
translate the documentation into Chinese. Then by mid 2011, the
documentation had seen no maintenance and was causing confusion -- Chinese
users were reading the documentation for old versions which contained
information that was not accurate for the versions that had been released
in recent years. We ended up removing the translated documentation at that
point.

I won't veto the contribution, but would be interested to hear what other
developers in the community think about this.

If the goal is to increase adoption of Kudu in Brazil, maybe another way to
help would be to write a Brazilian Portuguese tutorial/introduction blog
post? Or give some talks at local meetups and user groups? I presented once
at SouJava and found the audience was really great. Maybe we can get in
touch with the organizers to propose a session?

Thanks
-Todd

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:01 AM, <adalberto.s.rodrig...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I’d like to assist on translating the Kudu documentation into Brazilian
> Portuguese. What is necessary to contribute on this?
>

> Regards,
>

> Adalberto Sávio Rodrigues
>
> São Paulo - Brazil
>
> E-mail: adalberto.s.rodrig...@gmail.com
>
> Mobile / WhatsApp: +55 11 975779955
>
> Skype: adalsr
>
>  <https://br.linkedin.com/in/adalsr> https://br.linkedin.com/in/adalsr
>

> ---
> Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera