Absolutely, my intention is to start with scan all read first then add the
scanner, then the writer.

On 14 Oct. 2016 11:16 pm, "Jordan Birdsell" <jordantbirds...@gmail.com>

I also agree with simple, particularly at this stage. I think we could
always go back and do the more efficient vectorized mapping at a later
point.  Todd, to your point about it being simple, in my experience, Python
developers take many forms, often times you will find those that really
don't like to code and are just there for the capabilities of tools like
pandas. I think helper functions like this are good.

Back to the approach, I think this is fair for now, pyspark does the same
"less efficient" mapping,

Greg, did you also intend to provide mapping from Pandas -> Kudu?  Also, I
would take a look at maybe implementing this at a scanner level too, I
think this could be useful for folks using the Scan Token API.