Hi All:

I want to compile the impala-kudu from the source code on debian system, so I
download the latest codes from
http://archive.cloudera.com/beta/impala-kudu/impala-kudu/1/impala-latest.tar.gz,
  After doing this, I use the script $impala-kudu-home/buildall.sh to build all
the codes like below:

buildall.sh -release -notests

Fortunately, I succeed, a 'build/release' directory is genearted in
$impala-kudu-home/be,  under the 'build/release/service' directory, I also find
the impalad and libfesupport.so, but there are some differences between I get
impala-kudu from the rpm or deb package:

1st, the size of the impalad and libfesupport.so, there are too big than what I
installed from the deb package. In my 'service' directory, the size of impalad
and libfesupport.so like below:

du -sh *
352M impalad
349M libfesupport.so
115M libService.a

But in the directory 'sbin-retail' witch unpacked from the deb package, the
size is smaller:
0 catalogd
37M impalad
38M libfesupport.so
0 statestored

I have used the 'ldd' to check all the dependences for impalad, both of the two
above are the same, so I don't know why?

2nd, where can I find the cataloged and statestored script when I compiled from
the source code?

3rd, is there any tools or scripts can make the install package, such as the
impala-shell.sh script in the impala-kudu-home/bin directory´╝č

2016-10-19

jhx1008