Thanks for taking care of this. I was able to download RC2 from here
[1] and built it successfully in release and debug mode in RHEL 8.8.
The java parts too were built with no issues.
I ran the functional tests with ctest -j8 and I could see that apart
from the below test (unrelated failure), rest of the tests passed
successfully.
log-rolling-itest.

Thanks for taking care of the release. +1 for the release.

[1]https://github.com/apache/kudu/releases/tag/1.17.0-RC2

Thanks,
Abhishek