Previous email wasn't received in my side;

The same question was asked weeks ago by another MapR user in Kylin user
mailing list. Let me summary it here; Kyllin replies on HBase coprocessor
to do region side filtering and aggregation. Without coprocessor it won't
work (or even it can work, the performance would be downgraded very much).

So far HBase is Apache Kylin's only storage engine. If you want to run
Kylin without HBase, we can talk offline.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋