No, derby/mysql is not needed; By default, Kylin uses HBase for metadata
persistency; You only need to make sure Hive/HBase/Hadoop working fine.

I see you're using Hadoop 3; please note that, only from 2.5, Kylin
provides the binary package for Hadoop 3. Besides,  we only tested it on
HDP 3 and CDH 6, whose HBase is 2.0 version. Please try to align your
Hadoop component versions with these releases.

ebrahim zare <ebrahimzare1...@gmail.com> 于2018年10月26日周五 下午9:00写道:

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋