Hi Gang,

The real-time OLAP capability is pretty cool; I have a couple of questions
here:

1) How to bridge the real-time cube with a cube built from Hive? You know,
in Kylin the source type is marked at the table level, which means a table
is either a Hive table, a JDBC table or a streaming table.  To implement
the lambda architecture, how to composite the batch cube with the real-time
cube (with the same table)? This seems not mentioned in the design doc.
2) How it be together with the as-is NRT (near real-time) solution
introduced in v1.6? Many users are building cube directly from Kafka,
though they are in the mini or micro batches. Can the new streaming
solution work together with the NRT cube? E.g, if I don't need to do ETL in
Hive, can I use the batch job to fetch data from Kafka, and use
the streaming real-time receivers together?
3) Does the "Build engine" of the real-time solution follow the plug-in
architecture, so that it can support non-HBase storage? As you know we're
implementing the parquet storage. Can this solution support other storages
without much rework?

Thanks for raising this discussion.

Ma Gang <mg4w...@163.com> 于2018年10月31日周三 上午9:57写道:

--