Hello,

About two months ago, we raised the "[Discuss] Moving toward Apache Kylin
3.0" in the developer group, all agree to use 3.0 as the next major release
version when the Real-Time feature released. Now we're merging the code
from the RT feature branch into the master branch.

Although this feature has been in production in certain early users, it has
not been widely evaluated by the community. I would like to propose
releasing the alpha and beta before the GA release, just like what we did
in Kylin v2.0. This is to give our users enough time to evaluate; On the
other side, it gives the developers the time to hear feedback, to improve
the stability/performance, catch up the documentation and others.

A rough plan is:
- April, 3.0 alpha release
- June, 3.0 beta release
- July to Aug, 3.0 GA release

Before 3.0 GA, the v2.6 branch will roll out bug fix releases at a steady
pace; Usually, 1 version every 1-2 months, depends on the severity of the
reported issues.

We warmly welcome the community users to join the 3.0 alpha and beta.
Please share your comments here. Thank you for the support to Apache Kylin!

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: shaofeng...@apache.org