Hi Deepak,
    Thank you for the blueprint. It is a good proposal. I have some comments
and will post them on the review this week.

Raja

From: Dev <dev-boun...@lists.opencontrail.org> on behalf of Deepak Tiwari
<deepak.tiw...@aricent.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 1:08 AM
To: "dev@lists.opencontrail.org" <dev@lists.opencontrail.org>
Subject: [opencontrail-dev] Contrailen 171 - vrouter vifdump mirroring
enhancement for bond-slave-links

Hello All,

We have submitted a blueprint to enhance the ‘vifdump’ utility to be able to
also capture the slave interfaces of a bond interface. Following are the spec
details for the problem we are attempting to solve and the proposed solution.
Please review the same and provide your valuable feedback

Problem statement: The Kernel level tools, like tcpdump, do not work when
vRouter is deployed in DPDK mode, since the Linux network stack is bypassed.
There exist already a tcpdump like command (i.e. vifdump), which works on the
bond interface but it can’t be used to monitor its slave/member interfaces; so
there is no way to debug each slave individually.”

Launchpad Blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/opencontrail/+spec/contrailen-171-vrouter-vifdump-mirroring-for-bond-slaves

Bug #1679466: Tracking vRouter changes for Contrailen 171 - vrouter vifdump
mirroring enhancement for bond-slave-links
https://bugs.launchpad.net/opencontrail/+bug/1679466

Spec: https://review.opencontrail.org/30107

Br, Deepak

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for
the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose
other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus."