Hi guys,

I tried to setup openshift origin cluster using "Advanced Installation".

In file hosts, I added following variables,

containerized=true

osm_etcd_image=registry.access.redhat.com/rhel7/etcd

Per my understanding, etcd will run in docker container.
However, during installation, I got following error?
TASK [etcd_common : Install etcd for etcdctl]
fatal: [host-10-1-236-92]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg":
"No package matching 'etcd' found available, installed or updated", "rc": 126,
"results": ["No package matching 'etcd' found available, installed or updated"]}

After installing etcd RPM packages manually on nodes, installation process
continued.

What's the functionality of ectd here? Is it running in docker container?

Thanks,

Jared, (韦煜)
Software developer
Interested in open source software, big data, Linux