etcd will run inside a container but in the past we've installed etcd so
that the host has etcdctl command available to it to perform backups
however i think the current code should run the backup inside a container
too.

Can you let me know which version of openshift-ansible you have? either
`rpm -q openshift-ansible` if your installer came from rpms or `git
describe` in your github clone if you've cloned it from github.

Thanks,
Scott