Probably have to wait until 3.9.  We also want to move to coredns, but that
could take longer.

On Feb 15, 2018, at 6:26 PM, Srinivas Naga Kotaru (skotaru) <
skot...@cisco.com> wrote:

Is it possible like described in kubernetes?

http://blog.kubernetes.io/2017/04/configuring-private-dns-zones-upstream-nameservers-kubernetes.html

We have few clients where they configured their own consul based DNS server
and not suing service discovery provided by Openshift. We build a custom
solution by adding these external zones and IP addresses to dnsmasq.conf.
This approach working but having few failures since it has to first check
cluster zones by honoring the order specified in /etc/resolve.conf and then
forward to these external DNS severs.

I saw a solution in Kubernetes 1.9 as an alpha feature  by letting clients
to configure their own DNS settings in POD definitions.

https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/dns-pod-service/#pods-dns-config

Openshift clients need to wait till 3.9? or is there any way currently to
solve this problem?

--

*Srinivas Kotaru*