Hi,

Initially when i read the docs [1] i assumed that image registry operator's
role is similar to what we used to have in 3.x - a simple registry should
the user want to use it for images built with [2]

While i was playing with 4.1 i've followed the steps mentioned in [3]
because w/o it the openshift-installer will not report as installation
complete. Also the CVO will not be in a healthy state ready to pick up new
updates.

As such it seems that the image registry scope is different (and not
documented yet, happy to follow up on docs repo once i figure out with your
help ;) ) than i thought and so my questions are:

   - are all the operator images bundled inside the release payload being
   stored on the image registry storage?
      - if not then is it only CVO which needs to store its own release
      image ?
      - any particular reason why there is no option to customize the size
   and so it must be 100GB size (as per the docs and the code base) ?

Thank you,
Dani

[1]
https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.1/registry/architecture-component-imageregistry.html